US Patent No. 7,778,395
Issue Date: 08/17/2010
Abstract: A data transaction processing system in which transaction data is entered by the user in response to prompts in a template which is tailored to each user application. The data transaction is received via protocols at a database server which, depending upon the application, stores the entire data transaction, explodes the data transaction to produce ancillary records which are then stored, and/or forwards the data transaction or some or all of the ancillary records to other database servers for updating other databases associated with those database servers.
What is claimed is:
1. A portable telephone, comprising:
telephone electronics, which allow placing a call;
a user interface, that allows entering data into the telephone, said user interface also allowing entering numbers into the telephone for placing the call;
a processor, that runs a stored program;
a speaker, that plays audio under control of said stored program in said processor;
a microphone, that receives spoken audio; and
a memory, that stores data for use with said processor, said data including form data to carry out an action with a remote server, said form data including at least one item that requires entry of data by said user from said user interface, said one item providing information that is played by said speaker to request said item of information from said user, wherein said stored program run by said processor receives a voice response, responsive to playing said information by said speaker, and sends information indicative of said voice response to a remote server.
2. A telephone as in claim 1, wherein said memory stores information indicative of said remote server along with said form data.
3. A method as in claim 1, wherein said memory stores information indicative of multiple different actions to be carried out with multiple different remote servers, and stores a form for a first remote server along with information indicative of said first remote server, and stores a second form for a second remote server along with information indicative of said second remote server.
4. A telephone as in claim 1, wherein said stored program controls recognizing the voice response prior to sending said information.
5. A telephone as in claim 1, wherein said stored program controls recording the voice response, and sending information indicative of said recording to said remote server.
6. A telephone, running a program that is stored in a memory within the telephone, said programming including instructions operative to allow said telephone to:
make a telephone call at a first time;
at a second time, carry out an action with a remote server, which action requires interaction by said user;
based on said instructions, playing an audio information for said user that requests a first item of information;
receiving a spoken response from said user including said first item of information; and
based on said spoken response, sending information to said remote server.
7. A telephone as in claim 6, further comprising instructions to recognize the spoken response prior to sending said information.
8. A telephone as in claim 6, further comprising
instructions to record the spoken response, and send that
recorded spoken response to the remote server.