Blockchains are decentralized digital ledgers that record and enable secure peer-to-peer transactions without third party intermediaries. Blockchains are secured by miners that use powerful computer networks to secure and verify every transaction.
Granby Facility Details:
- 1,400 Bitmain Antminer S9 miners (“Antminer S9s”) currently in operation
- 26,700 square feet of data center space in Quebec, Canada.
- Utilization of approximately 2.0 MW
- Approximately 19 Ph/s of ASIC mining capacity.
- Currently mining Bitcoin, but systems can be configured to mine other digital assets/cryptocurrency using the SHA256 algorithm.