Marathon Patent Group Updates Current Near-Term Court CalendarShare this:
Ten Trials With Ten Separate Defendants Scheduled Over the Next Ten Weeks
LOS ANGELES, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 02/24/16 -- Marathon Patent Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: MARA) ("Marathon"), a patent licensing company, announced an update to its current court calendar, leading up to its wholly-owned subsidiary Dynamic Advances LLC's trial against Apple Inc. set for May 2, 2016 in the Northern District of New York.
Currently, Marathon's wholly-owned subsidiaries have ten trials which cover ten separate defendants scheduled to begin over the next ten weeks:
- On March 10, 2016 in Germany, Marathon's wholly-owned subsidiary, TLI Communications GmbH, has separate first instance infringement hearings against Flicker/Yahoo! Inc., Pinterest Germany GmbH, Pinterest Inc. Tumblr, Box, Inc., and Box.com (UK) Ltd.
TLI Communications' patented ideas cover the capture, classification, transmission, and organization of digital images. The digital image capture process includes a telephony unit which encompasses both a telephony capability and a digital image capture capability as well as transmission capabilities.
- On April 13, 2016 in Germany, Marathon's wholly-owned subsidiary, Medtech Development Deutschland GmbH has a first instance infringement hearing against SAM, G-21 s.r.l.
MedTech's patents relate to systems for treating vertebral bodies, including introducing material that sets to a hardened condition into a human vertrebal body.
- On April 19, 2016 in the United States District Court of the Central District of California, Marathon's wholly-owned subsidiary, Signal IP, will have the first of a scheduled series of separate trials against Honda, Kia, Mazda, Nissan, BMW, and Mercedes. Signal IP also has cases against Toyota North America, Inc. / Toyota Motor Sales, USA, Inc., and Hyundai Motor America pending in a separate track at the same court, and those against Fiat/Chrysler and Ford are pending in the Eastern District of Michigan. The sequence of trials in the Central District of California has not yet been announced by the Court, but the first trial is set to begin in April 2016. Each trial in the Central District is to occur in sixty day intervals.
Signal IP's patented ideas include automotive safety and communications systems.
- On April 21, 2016 in Germany, Marathon's wholly-owned subsidiary, Medtech Development Deutschland GmbH, has separate second instance validity and damages hearings against Joline GmbH & Co. KG and Signus Medizintechnik GmbH (PAN Medical Ltd.).
- On May 2, 2016 in the United States District Court for the Northern District of New York, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute jointly with Marathon's wholly-owned subsidiary, Dynamic Advances LLC, have a patent infringement trial against Apple Inc.
The suit involves Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute's ("RPI") US Patent 7,177,798 ('798 patent), entitled "Natural language interface using constrained intermediate dictionary of results." Dynamic Advances is the exclusive licensee of RPI's '798 patent.
The expected start dates of all of the trials listed in this press release are subject to change.
About Marathon Patent Group:
Marathon is a patent acquisition and monetization company. The Company acquires patents from a wide-range of patent holders from individual inventors to Fortune 500 companies. Marathon's strategy of acquiring patents that cover a wide-range of subject matter allows the Company to achieve diversity within its patent asset portfolio. Marathon generates revenue with its diversified portfolio through actively managed concurrent patent rights enforcement campaigns. This approach is expected to result in a long-term, diversified revenue stream. To learn more about Marathon Patent Group, visit www.marathonpg.com.
Safe Harbor Statement:
Certain statements in this press release constitute "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of the federal securities laws. Words such as "may," "might," "will," "should," "believe," "expect," "anticipate," "estimate," "continue," "predict," "forecast," "project," "plan," "intend" or similar expressions, or statements regarding intent, belief, or current expectations, are forward-looking statements. While the Company believes these forward-looking statements are reasonable, undue reliance should not be placed on any such forward-looking statements, which are based on information available to us on the date of this release. These forward looking statements are based upon current estimates and assumptions and are subject to various risks and uncertainties, including without limitation those set forth in the Company's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission (the "SEC"), not limited to Risk Factors relating to its patent business contained therein. Thus, actual results could be materially different. The Company may lose some or all of the pending litigation. A trial victory does not ensure that the Company will collect for the use of its patented ideas. The Company expressly disclaims any obligation to update or alter statements whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise, except as required by law.
Marathon Patent Group
Source: Marathon Patent Group
Released February 24, 2016Share this: